In this video, we are going to learn how to make a cute clay pot snowman.
Actually, of course, I’ve already watched it. So I want to warn you that it is a little long, but necessary to explain what she is doing. She does a very good job putting him together. That’s why he’s so adorable.
Most of the things you need are bits and small pieces of stuff you may already have around the house. After you see how easy it is, it will make sense to make more than one.
And it might inspire you to make larger ones. Or maybe a group of them with different hats and scarves.
Three of them would make a centerpiece for a Holiday table that your family and friends will think delightful.
3 inch clay saucer
2 inch clay pot
strong glue – hot glue gun or E6000
black marker for mouth
black felt for hat (about 4 inches x 8 inches)
orange felt for nose (very small piece)
small piece of stretchy material for scarf (tan)
baker’s twine, thin ribbon or thin rope
3 small buttons
white spray paint
Step by Step Instructions
1. Glue the 2 inch pot upside down onto the 3 inch saucer that is upside down. Then glue the 2 inch wooden ball onto the 2 inch clay pot. Be sure to put glue on both the ball the pot and let set for about 30 SECONDS before attaching them.
2. Let the glue dry completely for about 24 hours.
3. Next day, paint it with 2 coats of regular white spray paint. Let paint dry completely as per instructions on can.
4. Take a 4 inch by 8 inch piece of black felt and using a glue gun put a line of glue along the edge of the longer side and then fold over. Hold it until the glue has secured it. Put another line of glue next to the folded edge, but not on the folded edge. Fold it up about 1/2 inch and hold until the glue has it secured.
5. Making sure brim side is out, put a line of glue a little at a time on the other side of the brim side and attach to the head making sure to leave room for his face. The video shows this better than I can explain. 🙂 You will have to cut off a little. Cut 1 inch slits in the top of the hat to create fringe.
Using some baker’s twine, grab the fringe part of the hat and tie them together. Like I said, it’s probably better to watch the video. lol
6. Create a scarf out of the fleece and baker’s twine and tie around the neck.
7. Glue googly eyes on. Cut a piece of orange felt for the nose and glue on. With the marker, draw a line of “rocks” for the mouth. Glue on the buttons.
Ta da! Isn’t he adorable and so easy? This is a decoration that will last for years.
Make more to give as Christmas gifts. You just might want to give them early so they can enjoy them around their houses through the holidays.